We are concerned about your privacy
We are BARCELONA TECH CITY, a private non-profit association, open to all the local and international technological ecosystem based in Barcelona. Barcelona Tech City is an initiative promoted by entrepreneurs from this city that works with the following: other entrepreneurs, start-ups, consolidated companies, investors, incubators, accelerators and Company builders, universities, business schools, the media, public authorities and other stakeholders (hereinafter, known collectively as either “BARCELONA TECH CITY”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
One of the projects promoted by Barcelona Tech City is Palauet | Barcelona Tech City, conceived as a social private space dedicated and reserved for the association’s partners and members.
Palauet | Barcelona Tech City is not an independent legal entity and consequently, the holder of the right and responsible is BARCELONA TECH CITY.
We consider the privacy of the people who visit our website at http://www.barcelonatechcity.com/(hereinafter, the “website“) to be important, as well as that of anyone else affected who provides us with information through it, and whose data are processed by BARCELONA TECH CITY as part of the services provided (hereinafter and jointly, “you” or “the user” and, in a plural form, “you”or the “users“). BARCELONA TECH CITY thereby undertakes to process your data in accordance with the applicable personal data protection regulations in force at all times. BARCELONA TECH CITY will in particular comply with the principles established in the following: Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December 1999 on the protection of personal data and Royal Decree 1720/2007 of 21 December 2007 approving the implementing regulations for the aforementioned Organic Law, as well as those in REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and any other related implementing regulations in force at any time.
Users are in any case solely responsible for the information provided on the website and if BARCELONA TECH CITY wishes to use it in the future for purposes other than those referred to, we will inform you of these new purposes and request your consent, if necessary.
- Who is the data controller?
Data controller contact details: ASSOCIACIÓ BARCELONA TECH CITY, withCIF (Company Tax Code) G-65.995.573 and address at Plaça de Pau Vila, 1, Bloc A, Planta 3, Porta 3A1, 08003 – Barcelona and contact email address at firstname.lastname@example.org;
2.-What are the data protection rights of users?
Users can request the following rights:
- Right to request access to personal data: you may ask BARCELONA TECH CITY if this association is processing your data and, if so, access them.
- Right to request rectification if the data is inaccurate, or to complete any data that is incomplete.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data: in this case we will only retain it to exercise or defend claims.
- Right to object to processing: BARCELONA TECH CITY will stop processing personal data, except when it must continue to be processed for legitimate reasons or for the exercise or defence of possible claims.
- Right to data portability: in the event that users wish their data to be processed by another data controller, BARCELONA TECH CITY will facilitate the transfer of their data to the new controller.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of your personal data
If you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you may withdraw it at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your prior consent to its withdrawal.
As soon as users exercise their rights of deletion, all personal data linked to their account will in any case be cancelled, as well as the information and contents that are included in their profile. Furthermore, in the event that the user exercises the right to delete the data necessary for BARCELONA TECH CITY to provide the website services, BARCELONA TECH CITY will be obliged to terminate its relationship with the user by cancelling their registration, without them having any right to complain.
- How can you file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency?
You can use the models and forms on the rights referred to in the previous pointby going to the official website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/CanalDelCiudadano/ejercicio_derechos/index-ides-idphp.php).
Complaint to the Supervising Authority: If you consider that BARCELONA TECH CITY is handling your personal data inappropriately, you can address your complaints to the BARCELONA TECH CITY Security Manager or to the corresponding Supervising Authority. In Spain, you should contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- When do we collect personal data about you and what kind of data is collected?
If you decide to provide us with your personal data, BARCELONA TECH CITY may have access to the following:
- Personal data provided voluntarily by the user:
- First name and surnames.
- ID/Tax ID/Foreign National ID
- Postal Address.
- Telephone number.
- Country of origin.
- User profile.
- b) Personal data that our website obtains from your computer or electronic device:
- Cookies, only for http://www.barcecom/
- How do we use users’ personal data?
BARCELONA TECH CITY notifies the users concerned that the personal data provided and captured by us will be identified in the Processing Activity Records owned by BARCELONA TECH CITY, being used for the following purposes:
- Registering website users.
- Once registered as a user, registering a membership account, as a member or partner of Palauet | Barcelona Tech City.
- Providing our services, according to the Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions, if any, that are established between BARCELONA TECH CITY and each of the users;
- Allowing access to events that require registration (e.g. event registration, requesting a visit or making a reservation).
- Replying to queries or requests for information that users may make.
- In the event that the user has checked the appropriate box for such purposes, keeping you informed by sending notifications/newsletters by email and/or other electronic means, the content of which will mainly deal with our services, activities, projects, updates and new website or application features.
- Why do we process your personal data?
BARCELONA TECH CITY may process your personal data on the basis of any of the following legal grounds: (A) legitimate business purposes; (B) when you have given your consent; (C) when necessary to comply with the legal and regulatory obligations of BARCELONA TECH CITY and (D) as necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
LEGITIMATE BUSINESS PURPOSES OF BARCELONA TECH CITY
- BARCELONA TECH CITY’S professional activities.
- Promotion and evaluation of BARCELONA TECH CITY services.
- Interaction with BARCELONA TECH CITY staff.
- Participation in meetings, conferences, activities and professional conventions.
- Responding to requests for technical and operational information on the website, as well as those related to the services offered by BARCELONA TECH CITY.
- Identifying and entering into a contract with you as a user, member.
MANAGING AND COMPLETING A CONTRACT
To manage your subscription under the Legal Notice on our website or any other documents signed by the user (either as a member or partner of Palauet | Barcelona Tech City).
COMPLYING WITH LEGAL AND REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS
Whichever are applicable and in force at any given time.
Provided by the actual user for the collection and processing of personal data.
Transparency in the absence of local legislation.
7. Who will be able to access your personal data?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, it may be accessed by any of the following people:
- Authorized BARCELONA TECH CITY staff or their representatives acting on behalf of BARCELONA TECH CITY, subject to the applicable data protection laws;
- Regulatory authorities or other third parties in accordance with applicable laws;
- Third party service providers that process information as data processors, according to the instructions of BARCELONA TECH CITY. This is only after taking the necessary steps to ensure that we can share such information in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We will not sell or disclose any personal information or data to third parties that you have provided on our website and that may identify you directly or indirectly.
- Where is your personal data processed?
BARCELONA TECH CITY will not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In the event that such transfers are made, BARCELONA TECH CITY will do so in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Regardless of where your personal data is collected or processed, BARCELONA TECH CITY ensures that service providers maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the information about you.
For more information on the use of contract models by BARCELONA TECH CITY, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How do we protect your personal data?
BARCELONA TECH CITY maintains the data protection security levels required by Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December, which approves the Regulations for the development of the Organic Law on the Protection of Personal Data and other related regulations that are applicable and in force at all times, and it has established all the technical means at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of the data provided by the user through the website.
BARCELONA TECH CITY will in any case take appropriate technical and organizational measures, both when designing the data processing system and at the actual time of processing, to maintain security and prevent unauthorised processing. However, despite the diligent implementation of such measures, the user should be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
- How long will we keep your personal data?
The criteria we follow for this is determined by:
- The purpose of the data collected and the fulfillment of this purpose.
- The reasons why the data is collected: e.g. in the event of consent, you can cancel it at any time.
- Compulsory storage periods according to contractual and regulatory requirements.
Please note that in some cases BARCELONA TECH CITY is obliged to keep certain information about you.
Professionals who work at BARCELONA TECH CITY and who have some kind of legal intervention in the services provided to the user undertake not to disclose or make use of the information they have accessed. The information provided by the user will in any case be considered confidential and may not be used for purposes other than those related to the management of the membership account and the services procured from BARCELONA TECH CITY, where appropriate. In this regard, we undertake not to disclose or reveal information about the user’s intentions, the reasons for the advice requested or the duration of the relationship with the user.
- Social networks
BARCELONA TECH CITY is present on some of the main social networks on the Internet, where the Association acts as a data controller in relation to the data published by BARCELONA TECH CITY.
BARCELONA TECH CITY will process the data in each social network according to the rules established for this purpose by each social network. Therefore, and until otherwise stated by BARCELONA TECH CITY, we can inform our followers on the corresponding social network of our activities, events and other related topics, including customer service, through the channels provided by the social network for this purpose.
BARCELONA TECH CITY will not extract personal data from social networks, unless users give their specific consent
- Special categories of personal data
We will not collect or process any particularly sensitive personal data or data included in special categories of users’ personal data unless they have explicitly provided us with such data. Special categories of personal data refer to information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, genetic data or biometric data for the sole purpose of identifying a natural person, health data, sex life or sexual orientation
- Child Use Policy
This website is not designed or directed at children under the age of sixteen (16), without parental or legal guardian permission. In this regard, we do not knowingly collect information from such individuals. In any case, if parents or legal guardians consider that their children have sent us personal data without their consent, please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct Marketing
We will not use users’ personal data for direct marketing purposes without their express prior consent.
If at any time you decide to stop receiving commercial or promotional information from BARCELONA TECH CITY, you may, free of charge and without having to provide any proof, unsubscribe from direct marketing campaigns and object to the future processing of your personal data for these purposes by sending us an email to email@example.com by clicking on the “opt-out” in the email subject line. You can also use the unsubscribe procedure provided in any promotional message you receive from BARCELONA TECH CITY.
Please note that, even if you choose not to subscribe or you unsubscribe from promotional emails or newsletters, we may still need to contact you regarding important non-commercial information, such as troubleshooting, inactivity or low use, error detection and prevention or, in general, to comply with the Legal Notice and/or Terms and Conditions of the website.
- Automated decision-making
We will not use automated decision-making processes, including profiling, unless you have explicitly authorized us to do so. In that case, we would inform you about the logic used in the decision and the meaning and expected consequences of such processing for you.
- Links to other websites